Monday 5 March 2012

Today I start a blog

It's taken me a long time to start this blog. I have about a hundred million reasons (I'm not funny, interesting, blah blah blah). But as Dr. Suess would say, "Today is your day." Nobody knows I'm doing this. I'm sitting on a mattress on the floor in my little office. It's Monday, March 5 2012- 3:03 PM Mountain Time and there's a big white blizzard outside. Probably, no one will ever read these words, which is probably the only reason I'm able to write them.

Some things:
I live in Calgary with my husband. I never dreamed of living here, but here I am. I lived in San Francisco for five years before we moved here in August.

I want to be a writer. I'm supposed to be able to say I am a writer, but I have very low confidence when it comes to writing. I've had a few things published and that's been pretty sweet. People say it takes 10 years to become a professional writer. I'd say about two years into that 10. Which means I could feasibly be a professional writer at the age of 38. I've only just now come accept that. I'm not going to give up.

I love (in no particular order) the outdoors, movies, music, books, cooking, Parks and Recreation, running, and adventures. I'll probably write about those things here. And the married life. Oh-ho the married life. Not because I'm an expert at marriage- precisely because I am not an expert at marriage and my experiences might make you feel better about your own.




2 comments:

  1. you are a writer... and i'm so glad you're doing this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to know you're doing this and I will read these words! I can't wait to follow along on the Canadian/outdoor/artistic adventure!!

    P.S. Kristen is right. You are most definitely a writer, my dear.

    ReplyDelete